Our goal is to provide professional academic support in a timely manner. This policy applies to Accessibility, Communication, Learning, and Writing general services, and enables us to better utilize our advisors’ time for students accessing academic support.
In order to be respectful of the academic needs of the University’s student community, please be courteous and contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend your scheduled service.
If you need to cancel/reschedule, we require you to contact our office at least 24 hours in advance. Due to high demand, advanced cancellation notice allows other students to access our services.
HOW TO CANCEL YOUR REGISTRATION:
To cancel a registration(s), please call 780-492-2682 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not reach the receptionist, please leave a detailed message on our voice mail.
Cancellations received with less than 24 hours’ notice will be considered “no shows” and refunds (where applicable) will not be issued.
NO SHOWS & NON-ATTENDANCE:
Failure to attend any service in which you are registered without proper cancellation notice will be recorded as a “no show” and a refund (where applicable) will not be issued.
Students who arrive 15 minutes or more after the scheduled time of an appointment will be considered “no shows” and a refund (where applicable) will not be issued.
Students who do not attend services in which they are registered cannot access materials provided during these services.
Students who do not sign in for services in which they are registered will be considered “no shows.”
Confirmation of Attendance:
Confirmation of attendance will not be provided to students who do not attend services for which they request confirmation.
After two “no-shows”:
For “fee for service” registrations, advanced payment will be required for any future registrations.
For “non-fee for service” registrations, students must meet with an advisor before any future registrations may be made.
• Exemptions to this policy will only be allowed in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the Academic Success Centre Director.
• The most recent version of the Academic Success Centre Cancellation Policy applies to all current cancellations.
• Students are responsible for regularly checking their U of A email account (or the email account provided when registering for non-U of A students) for communications about registrations.
• We value respectful work and study environments. Students who employ disrespectful language or inappropriate behaviour may be refused registration.
• Inquiries about this policy can be directed to the Academic Success Centre Director at email@example.com.